Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-free Makeup Review
You can click on the image for a closer look.
This foundation has a light coverage and is slightly buildable to medium, which is what the brand claims. It is very lightweight and doesn't feel like I have anything on my face. I have applied this with a beauty blender and an elf blending brush and found that with both it looks slightly dry on my problem area near the right side of my mouth. Most of the year I have dry sensitive skin, but in the summer my skin becomes more combination with some dryness around my mouth and oily between my eyebrows and on my chin. I felt like although it did look nice on the skin, blotting was definitely necessary. This is strange for me, so I think it is likely that this foundation does truly stay matte, and my skin produces more oil in an attempt to balance the dryness it is experiencing. I hope that makes sense.
- Doesn't dry very fast, so plenty of time to blend
- Looks like skin, not so matte that it looks flat
- Blush applies well over it and is not patchy even without setting the foundation with a powder
- No tight or drying feeling as it sets or throughout the day
- Didn't cause any breakouts or irritation on my sensitive skin
- Not transfer resistant, although it doesn't claim to be, I found that even the slightest touch causes it to come off. It is important to note that if you set this foundation with powder, it could prevent this from happening.
Available wherever Clinique is sold for $26.00.
Please stick around and check out some of my other content.
- Makeup Baskets: Join me in rotating through my products to truly enjoy and get use out of the items I own. Let's encourage each other to use some of the products we have rather than being so quick to buy something new.
- Eyeshadow Combos: If you're looking for ideas of coordinating shades, I hope some of my eyeshadow combos can give you inspiration.